- I know when i go shopping, i grab everything they have that's cute, appropriate, and in my size, off the racks. I usually try on the item, then look at the price tag. Now, I have made it a habit to now look at the price tag FIRST in order not to get my hopes up. If i try it on and it's worth it, then I will consider it. this is something we don't always think about when we really should.
- Secondly, if something doesn't fit, don't hang it back up and sit down and sulk. (admit it, you do it.) I like to take a picture so i can recreate it, or find something cheaper, and similar, somewhere else.
- Third of all, always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, look through your basket before checking out. Look at each item and think back and ask your self questions such as 'how did it fit?' 'do i really need it?' 'Could i find it somewhere cheaper?' ' Am i absolutely sure i really like it?'. These types of critical questions can save you a LOT of money.
- Fourth of all, if you are shopping for kids, make sure that they don't just want it because all their friends or all the 'popular' kids have them. They can end up making you spend a lot more money, on stuff they don't even like.
- Fifthly, accessorize. I know it sounds like a 'fashion tip' and it is, but it CAN save you money. 'how?' you may ask. My mom absolutely LOVED a dress I absolutely HATED. We ended up getting it (mainly because we got it for like 3 bucks at the thrift store) and I was NOT happy about it. But, as I was searching for a dressy outfit one day, i found a sweater in my closet that was tan and black. The dress i got was grey and black and a little tan. It was a jumper dress and I did not like that it looked like something I wore when I was 10. I slipped the sweater on with it, along with some black heels, and realized, I can buy cheap clothing i don't necessarily like, and accessorize to save money. I saved at last 20 or 30 dollars because, first off originally it probably was $40, and secondly if i had bought a different dress that I didn't need to accessorize with, i would DEFINITELY had spent at least 20 dollars more.
I know it was a short post, but that's all for today! Until next time-