- Peanut butter (Preferably sugar free, But if it's all you have, then it works!)
- 1 can of store-bought cooked pink salmon
- Vegetable oil ( Read the ingredients on it first to make sure the kind you use OK for dogs. Instead of using vegetable oil, i used coconut oil which can be bought at http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-extra-virgin-certified-organic-coconut-oil-16-fl-oz-9 ) Or can be found at your local grocery store.
- 2 eggs
other supplies needed-
- Muffin tins ( i used the one with six big cups )
- Toaster oven ( You can use a regular oven, This is just what i used. I will provide temperatures later on.)
- A spoon, fork, and butter knife ( Fork and knife are optional, i do recommend using them though.)
- A large bowl
- Oven mitts or towels *optional*
- Measuring cups
- Put 1 can of cooked pink salmon in your bowl
- Add 1/4 cup of peanut butter to the salmon
- Stir it all up!
- Crack the first egg into the bowl
- Crack the second egg into the bowl
- Stir ( This requires a lot of stirring )
- If when you stir, it does not feel like the texture of dough ( Don't use your hands to feel it, i am talking about the consistency of it ) It should be think and gooey. It will not be super sticky, this is why we are using a muffin tin instead of a cookie sheet.
- If the consistency is not as described above, Add more peanut butter a little at a time if its not thick enough, If its to thick add a little water.
- Using your spoon and fork, scoop out the batter into the tins. Use the fork to scrape it off the spoon.
- After you have filled the cups, Put it into an oven at 375° F to 425° F . ( Temperatures vary. These are what i used as guidelines. )
- Cook for 10 minuets and then check on your biscuits, They should be soft, but not gooey any more. Use a fork or toothpick to stick into a biscuit, If it comes out clean, they are done. If it doesn't, cook them for 5 minuets at a time more, checking with your toothpick or fork in between until it comes out clean!
- let cool then put in a container and refrigerate! Let your dog have a taste and tell us in the comments what he or she thought of them!